Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sip It!


     Sip life like a fine wine. Stop chugging like a college freshman at your first kegger. You miss out on so many cool things in life when you are constantly in a hurry. I’m not insinuating that you work less, or lower your standards, or your goals, not at all. It’s just a matter of being in the moment, and enjoying yourself along the way. I find myself dreaming about the future so much that it takes away from the present. I have a lot of goals to achieve over the next couple of years. But, I spend too much time thinking about where I am going, not where I am. I already have a great plan. It’s just a matter of executing, and letting it unfold.  I have thoughts like “when I get a bigger studio then everything will be great,” or when I perform at some really big venues then I’ll be stoked. Well, that’s just not a healthy way to think. Plan, and work for your future, but don’t live in it.
     I need be thankful for the studio that I do have, work hard to improve it, and get more work done. Besides, if I focus 100% on my current studio, then I am sure that I will be surprised at it’s potential. I need to focus on what I can do, not what I can’t do. I have gotten a lot better at enjoying each day, and everything that it brings. We do so much multi-tasking. We live on the surface of so many projects and day-to-day events that it keeps us from real passion and joy. Try doing one task really well. Tune in, and concentrate 100%. Put your entire mind, body, and soul into it. If you are doing an enjoyable task then you will reap many benefits including a reduction in stress, a sense of accomplishment, you will learn something about yourself, and the task, and time will absolutely fly by. I think that you will be surprised at the depths that you can reach. It will be a more rewarding life for sure. Until next time - Surf it Mellow Brothers and Sisters - the MD

No comments:

Post a Comment