Monday, October 6, 2014

"Trickle Up"

“Trickle Up”

            “Trickle up” popped into my head when I was thinking about the choices that I make each day, beginning with the moment that I first open my eyes. I’ve been working on living in the moment, being in gratitude, being in service, and allowing thoughts and feelings to flow in and out without struggle, or resistance. I’ve been working on being able to enjoy every day for what it brings, no matter the circumstances. That’s a tall order for me. Some days I have it, some days I don’t - it comes - it goes.
There’s one common thread for my success. It happens when I take a brief moment to profess my gratitude, give thanks for all of my blessings, and thank God for my wonderful family, for my house, for my food, for my friends, and for my life’s work. I ask that angels be with me throughout the day. My most important request is a very simple one. That is for me to be the very best person that I can be, for the people and challenges that lie ahead.  
I try not to start my day out by thinking about everything that might go wrong, wishing that I had different circumstances, or wishing that I were on vacation. I kick those thoughts to the curb. I turn my energy towards being thankful for the exact life, the journey, and circumstances that I’ve been blessed with. I’m thankful that my life is exactly as it is. Perfect in it’s own way. I rid myself of anger, anxiety, and un-healthy thoughts towards other people, or myself.
Just as everything in life, you’re either moving forwards, or backwards. Life remains the same, but for a fleeting moment. You have to continue to be grateful, to be in service, to be in love, and to continue to feel blessed throughout the day. It’s not easy. If it were, then everyone would be agreeable, happy, grateful, accommodating, and understanding. Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy. You have to practice, practice, practice.
I actively pursue to move in a positive, loving and grateful direction by reminding myself of all that is right. I remind myself to be anxious for nothing, prayerful in everything, and thankful always. It’s a phrase that I repeat throughout the day as I envision a tiny drop of water trickling up to the skies with each positive thought that I have, flowing closer and closer to heaven as my soul rejoices.
When I first began to give thanks and gratitude all throughout the day, I noticed that my mood got better and better, I got happier and happier. I felt myself building up soul armor that was guarding and protecting me from getting down on myself, or from feeling sad, from wasting time, from worrying, or from comparing myself to other people.
Being happy, and living in the moment is something that I consciously work on every day. It doesn’t come easy for me no matter how much money, good health, or fortune I have. Some people are born with a super happy disposition. They blast out of bed like Richard Simmons. They wake up with their happy face on. That’s where I want to be. That’s why I’m trickling up on the days that I need a boost. If you struggle with anything like this then give it a try, be in gratitude for what you do have. Don’t focus on what you don’t have. Go ahead, trickle up my friend.

Until next time - Surf it Mellow Brothers and Sisters - the MD

1 comment:

  1. David, I think you are tapped into great ancient wisdom here, my friend. Let's encourage one another in gratefulness!

    ReplyDelete